At Coorparoo State School teachers plan and deliver programs in the subjects and learning areas of English, Mathematics, Science, Geography, History, The Arts, Technology, Languages (German 4-6) and Health and Physical Education.
Broad consultation with staff, students and parents to date indicates that the following are our underpinning drivers behind all facets of Coorparoo State School:
• Life long learning – relevant, challenging and responsive educational/social (developmental) outcomes
• A connected educational journey for our students
• Educational Leadership
• Big school, small caring atmosphere
• Warm, friendly, co-operative spirit
• High expectations
• Sustainability of our future
• Aware of and responsive to the forces of change
At Coorparoo State School teachers:
• Plan and develop units in year level teams with support of HOC and coaches.
• Dedicate their professional learning to develop their knowledge, understandings and skills to be an effective teacher for all students and align with research based practices.
• Implement lessons and units of work that are challenging and encourage curiosity
• Know the needs of each and every learner as informed by data
• Adopt consistent teaching protocols with a gradual release of responsibility
• Develop authentic relationships with students
• Establish and sustain an genuine and valuable home-school connection
• Provide safe, supportive and challenging environments that foster learning